Lifeguard Certification Course Coming Soon!
Do you want to be Whistle Worthy?
Our YMCA Lifeguard Certification course (via the American Red Cross) is deisgned to provide participants the knowledge and skills necessary to be a lifegaurd and professional rescuer. The course covers safety skills, accident prevention, scanning, guarding techniques, emergency systems, rescue skills, first aid in aquatic environments, spinal injury management, open water dangers, legal responsibilities, pool maintenance basics, and information on how to land a job as a lifeguard! In addition to the Lifeguard Certification, participants will also be certified in First Aid, CPR and AED.
The YMCA hires lifeagurds year round. We work around your school/life schedule, offer a free Y membership and the potential for a 50% refund of the Lifeguard Certification course fee.
- Candidates must be 15 years of age by the first day of class.
- 100% attendance is mandatory (non-negotiable). Each class will consist of classroom and pool activities.
- The YMCA Lifeguard Instructor reserves the right to refuse certification due to a participant's maturity level.
Candidates must pass the following Physical Competency (conducted on the first day):
- Swim 300 yards consecutively (100 yards front crawl, 100 yards breast stroke, 100 yards choice of front crawl or breast stroke)
- Perform diving brick test within 1 minute, 40 seconds (swim 20 yards; surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet; retrieve the 10 pound brick/weight and swim back to the starting point; exit the water without using a ladder or steps)
Our next Lifeguard Certification Course is:
October 14, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
October 17, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
October 18, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
* Registration deadline: Friday, Octocer 9 (payment due in full)
Register today! Spaces are limited!