Now Hiring Summer Camp Counselors!
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—work to bridge the gap in community needs by nurturing the potential of children and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors. Simply put, the Y is for everyone. Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Supervises a group of children in a seasonal day camp (May - August). Provides a nurturing, fun, dynamic experience for children focused on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibilty and caring.
- must be at least 17 years of age
- previous experience working with children
- ability to engage with diverse populations
- CPR/AED and First Aid training, DCFS mandatory reporter, child abuse prevention and all other program-specific trainings completed within 30 days of hire
- supervise groups of children, program spaces and all activities
- plan and implement daily program activities that are age and developmentally appropriate and consistent with Y values
- attend and participates in program activities, staff meetings and trainings