The Hopkins County Family YMCA will comply with the statewide face mask mandate starting Friday, July 10 at 5 PM in order to remain open for our members – see our full policy here:
Based on Governor Beshear’s Executive Order 2020-586 requiring face masks in the state of Kentucky, the Hopkins County Family YMCA will begin requiring face masks for individuals inside our facilities starting Friday, July 10 at 5 PM. There are exceptions, consistent with the Governor’s language. We all have a role to play in protecting public health – including wearing masks and taking other simple steps – amidst ongoing COVID-19 concerns.
The following is our official policy language:
Effective FRIDAY, JULY 10 at 5 PM the Hopkins County Family YMCA is requiring face masks (covering the mouth and nose) for everyone inside our facilities at all time except:
- Children (ages 0-5) and any individual with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a face covering.
- When any individual is actively engaging in the following activities:
- Exercising and/or using equipment on fitness floors
- Participating in group exercise classes or programs in studios
- Swimming, seated at the pool deck (as chairs are physically distanced – please do not move), or showering
* The above exceptions mean members/participants should wear face masks until they are on their machine/equipment or in spot for class. Masks should be worn when moving from machine to machine and when preparing equipment for class. You may pick up a bag at the front desk to place your mask in.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a critical safety concern. Masks help prevent the spread. Failure to comply with the mask mandate will result in you not being able to enter the YMCA.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.