Governor Beshear’s Office recently announced guidance for fitness centers on how to safely reopen on or after June 1. Based on this guidance, the Hopkins County Family YMCA has worked on a tentative plan to open with limited services to our members.
Wave 1 Reopening Guidelines:
Members who are considered to be a part of a vulnerable population should use their best judgment upon returning to the Y at this time. Additional facility and operational changes are outlined below.
- Members are required to wear a face covering in common areas: temp checks/health screening & lobby; strongly recommended when coming in contact with others; not mandatory during strenuous exercise.
- Members will have their temperature checked prior to entering the facility. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or above will not be allowed access to the facility.
- A health questionnaire will be conducted describing your current health and possible contact with COVID+ persons. Those answering “yes” may be deemed at-risk and will not be allowed access to the facility.
- All members must wash their hands prior to facility entry and after workouts.
- Members are required to clean equipment before AND after use.
- Maximum of 100 members will be allowed in Y Wellness areas at any given time (33% capacity of each area).
- Members are restricted to a 90-minute time limit inside the facility by use of colored wristbands.
- Members are restricted to what they bring in to a small bag they keep with them at all times.
- Members can only use one piece of equipment at a time; super sets will not be allowed.
- All internal doors will be left open to prevent unnecessary touching and increase ventilation.
- Members are required to adhere to all posted signage regarding distancing.
- 24-hour Access unavailable at this time.
- Reduced operating hours of Monday-Friday 7a – 7p, Saturday 9a – 5p and Sunday 1 – 5p.
- Closed 10 – 11a and 3 – 4p Monday-Friday, and 12 – 1p Saturday for deep cleaning.
- Facility is open to ages 15 years and over at this time.
- Staff to conduct disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment at least hourly per CDC guidelines.
- Amenities temporarily not available: coffee service, towel service (sweat/shower), group sitting areas, drinking fountains, personal training, Child Watch, Group Exercise.
- Spaces temporarily not open include: locker room showers, any kind of locker/storage, Lost & Found, basketball gymnasium, Intergen Room, Group Exercise Studios, Racquetball/Wallyball Court.
- Day passes and Nationwide Y access will not be permitted – Hopkins County Family YMCA members only.
- Group Exercise classes will remain virtual.
- Access to all wellness and exercise equipment (cardio, machines, weights) will be limited to maximize physical distancing; certain equipment pieces will be unavailable for use.
- Increased signage throughout the building to mandate directional flow, encourage physical distancing, handwashing and promote cleaning efforts.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- Bring a face covering, filled water bottle, and towel.
- Keep the kids at home – no Child Watch services and Youth spaces available.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING OUR FACILITY
- Enter through the main entrance.
- Wear a face covering around others.
- Temp check & health screening prior to entry.
- Handwashing station prior to entry.
- Spray soles of shoes with alcohol solution.
- No-contact “self-scan” check-in using membership card, key card or mobile app.
- Welcome Desk will verify your contact information.
- Members will receive a colored wrist band with your 90-minute time limit.
- Social distancing required at all times in the facility.
- Capacity for the facility and available areas will be limited per state guidelines.
WHAT IS AVAILABLE
- Free Weight Area
- Cardio & Selectorized Equipment Area
- Functional Fitness Area
- Family Locker Rooms
- Locker Room Restrooms & Sinks only
- Bottle Filling Stations
WHAT IS UNAVAILABLE
- Child Watch
- In-person Group Exercise
- Coffee Bar
- Social Gathering Spaces
- Basketball Gym
- Locker Room Showers
- Water Fountains
- Personal Training
- Towel Service
- Guest Passes
- Nationwide Membership Access
- Group Exercise Studios
- Racquetball/Wallyball Court
Thank you for supporting your YMCA. We have always adapted to the needs of our community and need your continued help to stay strong and be able to serve in new ways. #StayWIthUs #BetterTogether