NOW HIRING SPORTS COORDINATOR!
The Y is NOW HIRING a part-time Sports Coordinator. The Sports Coordinator oversees and is responsible for the creation, planning, and evaluation of youth, teen and family programs; including Dance and Youth Sports.
Ideal candidate is at least 21 years of age and has various sports experience. Coordinator will serve as liaison to officials, volunteer coaches and parents. Position will work 10-20 hours per week dependent on season, including evenings and weekends.
- 2-4 years experience in various sport activities (playing, coaching, volunteering, etc)
- minimum age of 21; high school diploma or GED equivalent
- completion of: CPR. AED, First Aid and other program-specific certifications within 30 days of hire
- strong organizational skills. including ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize time demands
- must be team-oriented with a capacity to demonstrate effective organizational and communication skills
- ability to plan, lead, and participate in all activities, including physical activities.
- be able to lift 35-40 pounds and work outdoors for extended periods of time as needed
- visual and auditory ability to respond to critical accidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation
- oversee safety and maintenance of sports equipment, fields and gyms. Work to maintain control of program supplies
- organize and maintain cleanliness of all sports storage areas and sports sites
- prepare fields and gyms for practices and games
- perform administrative duties
- substitute as sports official as needed
- work as liaison to all officials, monitoring their performance, ensuring safety and quality
- assist Senior Director with marketing and recruitment efforts
- work with Senior Director in creating sports rosters and schedules
- work as liaison to all volunteer coaches and parents
- communicate effectively and politely with others, portraying excellent listening and interpersonal skills