NOW HIRING AQUATICS COORDINATOR!
The Y is NOW HIRING a part-time Aquatics Coordinator. The Aquatics Coordinator is responsible for developing, organizing and implementing high-quality YMCA Aquatic Programs in order to maintain a large and active membership base.
The ideal candidate should be at least 21 years of age, and able to complete CPR, AED, First Aid, Lifeguard and Lifeguard Instructor certifications within 30 days of hire. Position works approximately 20 hours per week, including evenings and weekends. Aquatics experience is required.
- experience in the Aquatics field
- supervisory experience preferred
- minimum age of 21; high school diploma or GED equivalent
- completion of: CPR. AED, First Aid, Lifeguard, and Lifeguard Instructor certifications within 30 days of hire
- strong organizational skills. including ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize time demands
- must be team-oriented with a capacity to demonstrate effective organizational and communication skills
- ability to plan, lead, and participate in all aquatic activities, including physical activities
- be able to lift 35-40 pounds and work outdoors for extended periods of time as needed
- visual and auditory ability to respond to critical accidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- prepare and conduct all in-services, trainings and meetings
- train, schedule and supervise lifeguards and swim instructors
- Fill in for absent staff as needed and help secure subs as necessary
- perform safety checks weekly and live drills as least once per month
- coordinate, communicate and conduct special pool events to YMCA members and community
- assist Senior Director in development and implementation of the Aquatics program communication/marketing plan and strategies
- requires flexible hours to work some evenings and weekends